Thursday, October 13, 2011

Post 2

When I was in high school, my friends and I participated in a type of social change where we worked with an orphanage and at christmas time, there was a christmas tree and people could put christmas presents under the tree to give to the children at the orphanage. My friends and I helped with organizing the presents and delivering them to the children at the orphanage. This way the children could experience the joy of opening christmas presents. This change allowed us to help with giving children the chance to experience the traditions of christmas. After this experience, I felt that social change works the best when a person is in a group because each person can help each other and you can all brainstorm together and maybe a person in the group can have connections to people that can also help. I became happy when I saw the smiles and pleasantness on the children's faces when they opened the presents.
Social change is when a person who wants to improve or change something whether it may be small or big. I believe the person who wants to commit the social change should be outgoing and active in finding ways to go through with this social change. Also the person should find people to help with fulfilling the social change. By working in a group, you will be able to have more help and ideas of how to do the social change.

No comments:

Post a Comment